Background of the company
- Kerchanshe Trading P.L.C is the largest producer and exporter of coffee in Ethiopia, It has a proud history of providing quality coffees to the local and international markets. Currently our company needs a dedicated and motivated candidate.
Demonstrate foundational technical knowledge of preventative maintenance, replacement of parts/components, and basic repairs as it pertains to tractor maintenance including but not limited to the fuel system, battery, engine, drive train, onboard computer, transmission, air brake systems and Inspections and accurately perform basic repairs to company and manufacturer's specifications, complete work orders, and demonstrate proficiency in company requirements for standard repair times and warranty guidelines
- Diagnoses mechanical failures and repairs tractors and tractor components according to manuals, factory specifications, and knowledge of engine performances, using hand tools, power tools, and testing instruments:
- Attaches compression, ignition, and timing test instruments to certain parts of tractor, using clamps and hand tools.
- Starts engine dials and reads meters and gauges of testing equipment to diagnose engine malfunction.
- Removes and disassembles engine, transmission, and clutches, using hoists, jacks, and mechanic's hand tools.
- Inspects parts for damage, and verifies dimensions and clearances of parts for conformance to factory specifications, using gauges, such as calipers, and micrometers.
- Replaces or repairs worn or damaged parts.
- Grinds valves, relines and adjusts brakes, tightens body bolts, aligns wheels, and tunes engine.
- May weld defective body or frame parts
- Understand and effectively follow all shop safety procedures.
- Work independently and seek assistance as needed.
Applicants who fulfill the above-mentioned criteria could submit detailed curriculum vitae along with supporting documents/credentials accompanied by cover letter addressing firstname.lastname@example.org or by our website www.kerchanshe.com with the subject line of “Junior tractor mechanic” with your interest of working location from Nov 4, 2022 to Nov 12, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted