Hope for Justice exists to bring an end to modern slavery by preventing exploitation, rescuing victims, restoring lives and reforming society. Around the world, we are growing a movement of abolitionists who believe freedom is worth the fight. Our team works from more than 30 locations across five continents. If you’re looking to make a difference, this is the place for you.
Hope for Justice is committed to the principles of diversity, equality and inclusion. If you feel that your skills and experience fit one of our roles, then we would welcome your application regardless of your background.
Hope for Justice is seeking a Country Director to lead our programe and presence in Ethiopia to further our mission of changing lives and ending slavery.
In this exciting role, you will be responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction to oversee the coordination of each program in Ethiopia.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced individual to lead our work in Ethiopia and help transform the lives of the victims of modern slavery and human trafficking.
Experience & Education
· Masters or equivalent qualification in a relevant field (e.g., social work, psychology, management, international development)
·At least 5 years’ experience working as senior manager within a large project or NGO country office
· Significant experience directing operations and programmes at a senior level, leading multi-disciplinary teams, preferably in a related area
· Experience of managing budgets and control processes
· Experience in building effective relationships, engaging with internal and external stakeholders
· Proven experience in securing significant levels of institutional funding
· Programme and Operations Leadership and Management
· Provide inspirational leadership and strategic direction to Hope for Justice in Ethiopia, emphasising our shared values, mission and culture
· Build and maintain excellent working relationships with global colleagues, and ensure organizational priorities globally are reflected in local leadership within Ethiopia
· Line manages senior managers in line with organizational processes and expectations, and lead the senior management team of Ethiopia
·Oversee the coordination and oversight of each programme, functional area (e.g. Finance, HR, etc.) and physical location in Ethiopia
· Work with the Programme Director to monitor all programmes, including through regular site visits, to ensure they are following standard operating procedures and project management principles, meeting objectives, timeframes and budgets, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
· Proactively manage all risks, issues, and incidents, maintaining a live risk management register and issue log. Manager any incidents in line with policies and protocols
·Proactively manage Ethiopia’s budgets, ensuring corrective action is taken to address any variances.
·Ensure all policies are adhered to by all programme, volunteers, contractors, etc. in Ethiopia, with a particular emphasis on anti-fraud and safeguarding, etc.
· Lead the development of new programmes in Ethiopia, scoping and evaluating opportunities, producing contextual analyses and feasibility studies, and recommending concepts to the global leadership of Programmes
· Manage the programmatic dimensions of any mergers and acquisitions
Institutional fundraising and policy
· Establish and develop working relationships and proactive communications with government agencies, institutions and other stakeholders
· Represent Hope for Justice with national and regional stakeholders, building the visibility, credibility, and influence of Hope for Justice
· Oversee the policy strategy for pursuing Hope for Justice’s Reform agenda in Ethiopia.
· Support institutional fundraising efforts by (a) building critical relationships with e.g. the US State Department, Department of Justice, GFEMS, USAID, NORAD, etc. to position Hope for Justice and gather intelligence on opportunities, and (b) ensuring strong in-country input into bid development processes
· Ensure all our grants and contracts are professionally managed and excellent donor relations are maintained
Benefits of working at Hope for Justice
Hope for Justice is committed to supporting our staff’s wellbeing and offers competitive salaries and a range of additional benefits to our staff. This includes generous annual leave entitlement, pension scheme contributions, company sick pay, enhanced maternity and paternity pay and access to the Employee Assistance Program for staff and their family.
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter in English with one compile PDF/Word document to Hope for Justice,
We encourage Ethiopian Nationals to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please put the position you are applying for ”Country Director- Ethiopia” in the subject line.
The Hope for Justice promotes diversity in the workplace. Regardless of age, marital status, ethnicity, sex, color, country origin, religion, or sexual orientation, Hope for Justice evaluates all applicants solely based on their merits