Assistant Accountant- Payable
GENTIUM concreate industries plc is one of the leading concreate manufacture in Ethiopia established by a joint venture with a foreign subsidiary. Our vision is to be the sought after and trusted concrete product producer of choice and to contribute to the growth of the construction sector in the country. We strive to provide high-quality concrete products with on-time delivery and impeccable service to the construction market in Ethiopia using the best standards in terms of equipment, technology, and people.
From our establishment in 2019, we have made significant strides in our business including doubling our production capacity to 50,000 cubic meter and increasing our staff size to more than 150. We are on a road to brighter future and we want you to join our team in this journey.
Our company is now looking for Assistant Accountant who will perform tasks involving payments; and handles expenditure by obtaining, processing, validating, and harmonizing invoices under the leadership of our Finance and Supply Department.
Specifically, you will
· Process payment request from suppliers, vendors and third parties following internal guideline and government tax Proclamations.
· Check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and the completeness of documents.
· Establish good working relationship with suppliers, vendors and third parties; follow up and adhere to agreed SLA's for payment.
· Record accounting receipts and maintain records of all transactions on excel spreadsheets.
· Daily reconciliation of cash and receipt and recording of transactions on excel spreadsheet for supervisor review.
· Depositing money and cheques in the bank regularly and maintain good relationship with bank staff.
· Pay and account for claims to staff.
· Support in processing payroll, cash advances, staff claims, and daily entry of receipts including cash, debit memos, advances and bank transfers.
· Daily checks and reconciliation of cash boxes and weekly bank reconciliation checks.
· Maintenance of the payment sequence and accounts department filing system and file store.
· Minimum of Diploma in Accounting or related field
· Two years relevant experience for degree graduate and Four years for diploma holders
· Ability to use and operate accounting Software
· Customer focused, good numeracy and IT skills (Excel and Word)
· Fluency in spoken and written English, be proficient with word processing applications and exhibit excellent organizational skills.
· Professional attitude with solid ability to prioritize, manage time and deliver results
· Good team player with high interpersonal skills
· An experience in a construction industry is preferred but not necessary.
Interested applicants can submit their application and CV directly via ethiojobs.net or can bring a non-returnable CV and photocopies of related documents, in person to our Head Office located at Saris In front of Tena Zeit, St. Michael Building ground floor. Tel: +251114708532 or to our plant site at Bole Bulbula right next to St. George church Tel: +251960132436.
GETNIUM operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all cultural backgrounds are welcome to apply.