Project Officer Job at Union of Ethiopian Women Charitable Associations (UEWCA)
External Vacancy Announcement
Union of Ethiopian Women and Children Associations (UEWCA) is non-governmental, apolitical, non-religious consortium of 80 CSOs. It is a consortium of girls; kids and women centered CSOs which might be participating on socio-economic empowerment of girls, women & kids; and gender equality in all regional states and metropolis administrations of the nation. It is established in 2010 as a platform to voice the voice of its members and beneficiaries in addition to capacitate and coordinate with the intention of coordinate the efforts of its member CSOs in direction of girls, women and youngsters empowerment; and realization of gender equality and girls rights.
Currently, UEWCA is implementing Climate Change tasks, Ethiopian Social Accountability Project, Gender Responsive Budgeting, Human Trafficking and Combating Modern Slavery, in all area of the Country & Two City Administration with a fund obtained from UN-women, Irish Aid, SIDA trough Farm Africa.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Develop, implement, monitor, consider and doc packages methods and tasks associated with the difficulty.
- Plan, arrange and conduct varied trainings and mentoring actions for UEWCA workers and undertaking implementing member Organizations.
- Liaise and collaborate with accomplice organizations (donors, CSOs, authorities companies and others at completely different ranges)
- Prepare month-to-month quarterly, bi-annual and annual program associated actions and monetary plan and reviews to be submitted to UEWCA administration, authorities our bodies and donors.
- Ensure that implementing members put together and submit month-to-month quarterly biannual & annual plans and reviews on time.
- Develop TOR and Contract Agreement for skilled/consultancy providers supplier procurement.
- Follow up commissioned skilled/ consultancy providers; opinions and feedback and ensures that they’re executed in line with the TOR and corresponding Agreement and the expectation of the group.
- Monitor and report on related actions and affect.
- Provide technical assist for undertaking implementing companions and organizations.
- Guides, coordinates, handle and supervise efficient and environment friendly implementation of varied sub granted and UEWCA carried out tasks.
- Represent the group at varied positions, reminiscent of membership accomplice donor & Government assembly, workshops, seminars, and so on.
- Prepares briefing notes and detailed reviews to this system coordinator usually on month-to-month, quarterly and yearly foundation, to maintain her/him replace of program /undertaking progress and efficiency.
- Develop institutional capability constructing and Documentation manuals.
- Keep correct documentation for tasks ,occasions and different actions.
- Establishes and maintains formal and casual communication mechanisms with authorities group accomplice members ,donors and different stakeholders.
Reports to : Program Coordinator
Department : Program Section
Terms of Employment: One Year with a risk of extension
Required Candidate : Two
Bachelors/Master diploma, within the area of Natural Resource Management, Climate Change Adaptation & Mitigation, Agro-forestry, Agriculture Studies, Agronomy, Environmental Studies Gender Study, Economics and different associated developmental research.
At least 6 years for Bachelor and 4 years for Master diploma related experiences within the area of Natural Resource Management, Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation, Environmental Protection, Natural Resource Management associated tasks/packages.
Other Knowledge, Additional Competences.
Extensive expertise and understanding of points associated to pure useful resource administration, local weather change and adaption and mitigation with good information of Women empowerment.
Practical expertise of participatory planning, monitoring and analysis approaches.
Writing and analytical abilities, proficiency in oral and written English.
Relevant expertise in Gender evaluation and mainstreaming, undertaking Design, implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation; Report Writing and Knowledge Management.
Applicants who fulfill the above talked about standards might submit an in depth curriculum vitae together with supporting paperwork/credentials accompanied by a canopy letter in particular person inside 5 working days of this announcement on the following tackle.
HOW TO APPLY ?