GBV Officer (Re-advertise) Job at Finnish Refugee Council
Finnish Refugee Council (FRC) / Suomen Pakolaisapu (www.refugeecouncil.fi) is a world non-governmental group with Head Office in Helsinki; FRC advocates for the rights of refugees displaced populations and migrants and helps their new starting. By reinforcing equality and creating alternatives for everybody to steer a very good life, FRC promotes the institution of steady and peaceable societies.
FRC´s actions place emphasis on capability constructing and assist for probably the most susceptible members of societies, thus strengthening fundamental democratic constructions. FRC has been registered and accorded authorized character with Registry Number 4184 on the 11th of June 2019 as a Foreign Organization.
FRC Ethiopia is searching for a professional, skilled and energetic GBV Officer (Ethiopian nationwide) who has earlier expertise in working in post-conflict/IDP settings, in humanitarian tasks, and is a good communicator and networker. The place relies in Dessie, with in depth journey in South Wollo.
Purpose of the Role
GBV Officer (Technical Officer) function is a brand new function at FRC Ethiopia. As the technical officer for GBV in FRC’s collectively carried out humanitarian undertaking, she/he’ll assist and supply the technical experience for the profitable supply of the FRC-led emergency response undertaking’s GBV element within the undertaking woredas, based mostly on a wants evaluation and utilizing acceptable methods. S/he’ll present the FRC and companion group’s undertaking groups with all experience and data required within the area of GBV and Gender.
Project Delivery 40%:
- Coordinate GBV prevention & response actions in goal websites and communities in Amhara regional state and extra particularly, the project-specific woredas
- Develop and supply ongoing and meticulous technical assist to undertaking companion’s program workers and key stakeholders relating to the GBV prevention and response actions
- Support the supply of project-specific gender security evaluation from planning to remaining reporting and implementation of the recognized actions
- Plan and take part within the choice and identification means of goal beneficiaries based on set standards
- Work along with the undertaking companion in figuring out group facilitators for the joint undertaking implementation and group facilitation
- Facilitate the GBV associated trainings and consciousness elevating of the undertaking group facilitators
- Ensure that group members, together with women and men, are mobilized to take part in anti-GBV actions on the undertaking websites
- Plan, attend & facilitate common conferences with native companions, group leaders, assist teams, and different stakeholders as related and acceptable and frequently replace its final result to the speedy supervisor and others if deemed obligatory
- Facilitate interventions together with awareness-raising, coaching, and assist to community-based safety constructions to strengthen GBV prevention and response based mostly on knowledge
- Organize, attend, and facilitate workshops and coaching periods for group members, companions, assist teams, as recognized
Support to Project Management 20%
- Ensure the participation of the totally different stakeholders, together with undertaking workers, and group members
- Inform and assist the Humanitarian Project Coordinator and different related personnel in figuring out gaps and proof on total GBV actions in working woredas
- Participate within the growth and manufacturing of undertaking communication supplies (leaflets, posters, brochures) to lift consciousness on GBV and associated matters and referral pathways
- Support the FRC Protection Specialist in making certain that FRC insurance policies on gender and PSEA are enforced in all undertaking actions
- Participate within the procurement of GBV associated supplies and items to make sure timeliness and high quality of the purchases (e.g. conduct a top quality test for dignity kits)
Project Monitoring & Evaluation 20%
- Monitor developments and desires associated to GBV within the undertaking websites and advocate actions enhancing the undertaking prevention and response to cases of sexual and gender-based violence
- Regularly maintain observe of the implementation of undertaking actions and submit common stories to involved our bodies
- With the assist of MEAL specialist, acquire, compile, analyze, and share baseline, month-to-month or need-based knowledge (disaggregated age/gender/vulnerability) to tell programming
- Assist in mid-term and/or finish of undertaking evaluations
- Ensure correct documentation of all undertaking actions together with distribution lists, beneficiary profiles, attendance sheets, and reference paperwork, together with case research/tales.
- Ensure and actively interact in joint undertaking monitoring and analysis procedures with the important thing companions
Networking and Partners 10%
- Promote a optimistic profile of the GBV undertaking amongst different sectors, companions, and the goal communities
- Coordinate and collaborate with the undertaking companion to make sure efficient supply of outcomes
- Provide GBV-related data and stories to key stakeholders and dealing teams
- Participate in authorities evaluate and reflection conferences within the undertaking working woredas
Documentation and reporting 10%
- Develop referral pathways relying on the obtainable providers and the survivors’ wants
- Compile and put together high quality weekly, month-to-month, and periodic undertaking progress stories, contribute to the ultimate report, and feed in different data as required
- Collect replicable good practices and classes discovered, together with footage for use in different programming
Other duties as required
Category: Humanitarian/Development sector
Start date: Immediately
Career Level: Medium
Duration: Starts instantly and ends 31 March 2023
Location: Dessie, with in depth journey in South Wollo
FRC workers should adhere to the values and ideas outlined within the FRC Code of Conduct.
- Bachelor’s diploma in social work, social anthropology, human rights, or associated area of research
- Minimum 4 years of related work expertise, out of which no less than 2 years in GBV response tasks within the humanitarian context
- Knowledge and sensible expertise of GBV response facilitation,
- Excellent communication abilities, takes initiative to establish areas for enchancment within the undertaking and brings their concepts to the entrance,
- Familiarity with humanitarian ideas;
- Previous expertise with International NGOs;
- Excellent written and spoken English language abilities;
- Strong interpersonal and advocacy abilities;
- Good staff spirit and respect for variety;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package deal.
- Experience in coaching facilitation supplies and delivering coaching independently,
- Partnership administration expertise
- Previous experiences in emergency response tasks with explicit concentrate on safety, GBV
- Joint/collaborative implementation expertise with companions
Applications (CV and canopy letter together with minimal wage requirement) shall be despatched by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th June, 2022. Please refer within the topic of your electronic mail to the next code: FRC/DSE/GBVO/14/22
FRC is an inclusive employer – we welcome purposes particularly from ladies and individuals with disabilities.
Those who’ve beforehand utilized to this function at FRC needn’t resubmit their purposes.
HOW TO APPLY ?